Friday 2 September 2011

Losing my MAC Virginity....

I don't really know why I've not tried MAC before. I think it's because I frequent Superdrug and Boots more than anywhere else, and I only ever seem to go past the Mac counter when I'm in the Trafford Centre, where I've usually already spent all my money! I've had my eye on a few things for a while now so I decided to bite the bullet and order a few things!

I wanted Fix+ to keep in my bag for when my face needs a bit of refreshing mid-day, for dry skin like mine a product like this is a holy grail, I'd give so much to have dewy skin 24/7! I usually use a Body Shop version, so I'll be looking to see whether this is any better! I bought the little version because it's so much handier to chuck in my make-up bag for on the go!

I decided to get a Mineralize Blush in Gentle, I'd describe this as a plum/pink kind of colour, it has a gorgeous gold sheen and looks really beautiful on! It's really highly pigmented so I use the tiniest amount ever or else and I end up looking like a complete clown, and with using so little this will probably last me until I'm 50! 

I've been looking for a perfect powder for as long as I can remember. I decided to go for the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light after everything I've heard about it and so many people swearing by it. I haven't been disappointed, it's probably the only powder I've tried that hasn't made me look cakey. Incredibly pleased with this!

Lastly I decided to go for a lipstick in Girl About Town. I'm a massive fan of bright lipsticks and this, is VERY bright! It's gorgeous and creamy and smells amazing! I've been wearing this with nothing else but mascara, it bring so much attention to your lips you don't have to bother about eyeshadow etc! It's really long lasting and it's made me ache to try more of Mac's lipsticks, there's so many gorgeous shades out there!

I've already got my eye on a few other things! ;)

188 Brush // Paint Pot in Bare Study // Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle // Lipstick in Impassioned

Unfortunately my bank account is now incredibly low in dosh, there won't be anymore hauling to be done until I get my first paycheck (eeeeeek so excited!) at the end of September! 
Have a gorgeous weekend girls!
xoxoxoxox

22 comments:

  1. Great choices :)
    I want to try the Fix+ too - how much was the small bottle?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. £7! I think it's pretty good for 30ml :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELF do a good dupe for the 118, its £3.50 from their studio line :) just called a stippling brush xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still yet to try MAC too, i'm not sure they have anywhere in York yet. What are they like for price? Have images it's super expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good! I'm going to get some when I go to MAC next, I don't have a counter/store near me either which is probably a good thing! So I have to go to Birmingham or order online if I need anything xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of these products! Especially the mineralize blush =)I too lost my MAC virginity a few weeks ago, by getting colour matched for foundation and then somehow managing to part with my money (quite a big thing for a broke uni student) =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post :) i only own 3 Mac products.. and i really want to try there blushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I have been meaning to place an order with elf, thankyou! xxx

    It's cheaper than the high end brands but definitely more that high street, it's sort of an inbetween. Some products for example eyeshadows at £11 are well overpriced in my opinion but lipsticks etc aren't too bad! xxx

    Yeah I think so too! Haha I always think not having counters near is good, I hardly ever order online because online swatches can be so dodgy but I researched everything well first! xx

    Haha, makeup just has a bad way of making you spend A LOT of money without realising, you buy a few products and 50 quids gone! :( xxx

    Thankyou, I really fancy tried well dressed blush, definitely looks up my street! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think im defo going to get some MAC makeup, been holding back but i love that shade of lipstick!


    check out my giveaway http://sarahlouise-more2life.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once you try mac, you'll never WANT to go back to drug store..Damn good make up and taking all your hard working money!!! hahah.

    xo,k.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I'll check out your giveaway, and yeah, I held back for so long! xxx

    Haha I know, everything else seems so mediocre in comparison haha! Bye money :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried MAC before either! I've been wanting to though. And I've heard great things about the mineralize skinfinish natural too, maybe I might go and try it


    I'd love if you could drop by my blog, I'm doing my first giveaway! great goodies like eos balms and essie nail polishes :)
    www.buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous buys!!
    I have the Girl About Town Lipstick and its my fav :)


    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww, so jealous!! Love it all but i think the blush looks amazing, you should do a face of the day or something, i'd love to see what it looks like on :)
    I've just added you to my favourite bloggers list on my page, check it out :) http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/p/my-favourite-blogs.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely recommend it, only powder that's really worked for me! I'll definitely have a look! xxx

    Thankyouuuu, haha how gorgeous is it? So in love! xxx

    I will do when I get time! The blush is beautiful! And thankyou so much I'll have a look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the blush and the lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That girl about town lipstick = beautiful! Bet it'll have such a gorge pop of colour!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love MAC Cosmetic. You should try the Lip Coat! Btw. I like your Blog.
    xoxo L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thankyou lovely! I am seriously over wearing the lipstick! xxx

    It's really beautiful, need hardly any other makeup with it! xxx

    Aw thankyou lovely, and I'll definitely check it out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a fan of make up too cause I'm not good at putting it on my face but if there's one brand that I trust, it's MAC. Love your collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never tried any MAC products before either, I don't know why! I really need a new face poder, will have to look into that Mineralize Skinfinish one, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw Thankyou! Really enjoying MAC at the moment too! xxx

    I think I've just never really got round to it, definitely no excuses! Thankyou, I really like it xxx

    ReplyDelete