Wednesday 31 August 2011

NARS Haaaaaul!

I'm not somebody who regularly splurges on high-end make up, I'm a firm believer of getting the best out of the high street and a lot of the time you pay for brand names when it comes to high end makeup. However I've had my eye on a few things from NARS recently so I decided to split with a bit of my cash and have a treat! After all that's the wisest thing to do when you don't get paid til the end of September and you're pretty much broke?! Definitely.

First off, Laguna Bronzer. From day one of watching youtube videos and reading blogs I've heard about this bronzer. I think the Bourjois bronzer is the only bronzer I've ever tried that's really worked for me, but I find the colour payoff not to be incredible. I've been considering this bronzer for so long, I've read about 34032025 blog posts and I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations, because £22.00 for one product seems WAY over the top for me!

I also purchased a NARS lipstick in "Scarlet Empress". I've been in love with this colour ever since I saw it swatched on a blog post. The bullet looks REALLY dark, but it comes out a dark magenta shade and I really love it! I'm pretty sure I have a much cheaper dupe, which I will make a blog post on, so I'm slightly disappointed obviously, but I'll still get so much use out of this, gorgeous shade!

With my order I got a free tester NARS blush in "Super Orgasm", this is just the cutest thing ever, it's tiiiiny! I'm not a big blush lover, this particular blush has a lot of glitter in it, something I'm definitely not a fan of, but it will be interesting to try out anyway, and like I say it's the cutest little blush ever! I'll probably use this for nights out because glitters slightly more acceptable in bad light!

Lastly, again a little tester, this time of some eye make up remover. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure this is fabulous, but would I part my cash for a NARS eye make up remover? Probably not. I do think however this will be useful for keeping in my handbag, that way if any swatching needs to be done (Lip stains seem to always get me into swatch trouble) or I draw some wonky eyeliner on the train I can fix it.

Overall I can't really comment on any because I haven't given them a real trial, but from first impression I'm happy with everything! The NARS packaging is of course gorgeous, but with the rest of my make up collection it's definitely going to get grubby :(
xoxoxoxox

21 comments:

  1. Lovely haul, i really want nars orgasm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you wouldn't be jealous of how much money I now have left in my bank account! Ooooops! Guess you have to have a treat every now and then... right? ;) xxx

    Thankyou! SAME! I was really tempted but it was just too much to spend :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha never! I swear I spend half my life reading other peoples! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you dont love the blusher i will more than happily buy it off you!
    ps i had a little splurge at MAC today even though i dont get paid for a while...but you need to treat yourself now and again ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll let you know lovely! Haha there's only so much self restraint until gorgeous products PERSUADE you to buy them ;) It's just illegal to say no! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ee, everything looks lush! the lipstick swatch is gorgeous, bet it'll suit you loads! and the packaging's beaut x

    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thankyou lovely! I'm such a sucker for packaging haha, it's probably why I've wanted nars products for so long! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo this is gorgeous! I always love the packaging.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it? Haha glad I'm not the only one sucked in by packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a jealous moment.. NARS products always look amazing! Would love to see how you get on with Laguna.. not sure I can justify £22 on it at the mo. though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I can't wait to try it tomorrow! I'm still kinda in shock I've paid 22 quid for a bronzer, seems far too much! hopefully it will last me for ages! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous of this, the Super Orgasm looks sooo pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the regular orgasm and I love it but would also love to try out super orgasm. Laguna is also another bronzer that I've been looking for but can never find it! Great post


    - Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really want laguna too, u shud review it :)

    www.summerlightrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'm yet to try it, but tomorrow night I'll give it a go! xxx

    really want to try the regular orgasm blush haha, definitely on my wish list! It's so beautiful, definitely worth the money even if it is overpriced! xxx

    I definitely will lovely, I'm loving it so far! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. so jealous! defiantly wish I had some money for a nars haul!

    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want Schiap lipstick, probably will end up splurging again when I have money! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Nars! I really want to try that blush i have heard great things about it!
    I hate make up getting grubby, your storage post is such a fantastic find! I need to get me some proper storage!!
    xoxo
    Jess
    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thankyou! I've tried it today and it's definitely my cup of tea! Very unexpected! Thankyou, I'm glad I could help a little! xxx

    ReplyDelete